Thursday, July 16, 2009

New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Festival








We had a marvelous time at the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Festival. It was my favorite Mother's Day ever! The children found the animals entertaining, and I of course had no trouble finding enough yarn to keep me very happy. There were llamas, alpacas, angora goats, angora rabbits and sheep dogs. The sheep dog exhibitions were a highlight for my kids (and husband:)). I enjoyed trolling the yarn stands to find the perfect skein worth my $30 budget. I finally found a nice double-triple size skein of naturally dyed, solar-energy spun, sustainably-raised wool/mohair!!! Now if that didn't deserve my $30 then what does? I had a lovely time talking to the woman who raised the animals, processed the wool, and spun the yarn all on her own farm in northern New York. The name of the farm is Buckwheat Bridge Angoras.
As you can see, I couldn't wait to wind it into a ball before photographing. I am planning to begin a scarf or hat with it in the fall. For some unknown reason, this would only load sideways...

No comments:

Post a Comment